Starting Problems with B15 se-r

Matt Garneau frozen@vianet.ca
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:01:05 -0600

I've been having trouble starting my 2002 se-r (non spec-v) at low
temperatures. At first it only happened when it was minus 25-30 celcius, but
it's been happening more frequently, at one point it being 3 celcius (above
freezing). It does not happen all the time, in fact most of the time it
starts normally. The starter cranks, but there's no starting without giving
it some gas. I called up the stealership and they told me it was my remote
starter, although I specifically told them I was starting it with a key, and
it would start once I floored the gas. But they refused to look at it until
I got a slip from the people who installed the remote start. So I did that,
and called them up today, and after jerking me around for about 15min
(saying it was this or that) they finally said they've been having starting
problems with 2.5 b15s, and are currently waiting for a fix from the
factory...

Has anyone heard about this, and the validity of the statement? Or is the
stealership just trying to keep me away?

-Matt
sick 2002 SE-R