Battery Relocation

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:16:53 -0600

Hammer Down <hammer_down@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To make the battery secure in a box requires you to perforate the box for
>a real hold down and thus the box just makes sure nothing comes into
>contact with the battery and does not stop corrosive gases or liquid from
>escaping.

Not true of the NISsport box for the WestCo battery.

We indeed put althread through the box, but it is threaded through a 1"
mounting boss.  The same althread secures the box with nuts under the car
and on top of the hold-down.  It has grommets for 1 AWG cable to contain
leaking gases.  Of course, it's a dry cell batter, so corrosive gases are
not an issue.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com