Nissport water temp adaptor

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:46:10 -0600

> Actually, if you want to measure water temps as the
> water exits the engine,
> you want to install the adapter in the upper hose.
> The flow is in the top
> and out the bottom.

***Well, here is where I am going with this.  The OEM
coolant temp sensors are located at the rear of the
head on an aluminum pipe. This pipe leads to a metal
pipe that wraps around the back and side of the motor
and ends up at the thermostat housing.  This fact
leads me to believe that the direction of coolant flow
was out of the motor, through the thermostat, through
the lower house, into the radiator, out of the
radiator and back into the head through the upper
hose.

I have a 1/2" NPT aluminum bung that I need to weld on
for my temp gauge. I can either weld it next to the
OEM coolant temp sensors (where space is limited) or I
can weld it to the aluminum upper radiator hose outlet
(where there is more space). What do you think would
give me accurate readings?

Thanks again,

=====
Jay Whitely