Nissport water temp adaptor

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:28:22 -0600

Jay Whitely <jwhitely2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does the Nissport water temp adaptor go on the upper
>or lower radiator hose. I am thinking it goes on the
>lower hose, as there is more space for it and this is
>a source of hot coolant before it gets cooled by the
>radiator.

Actually, if you want to measure water temps as the water exits the engine,
you want to install the adapter in the upper hose.  The flow is in the top
and out the bottom.  There is less space for it this way, but it really
only extends the hose 3/4".  IIRC it's 2.5" long overall.

Now, if you want to measure your radiator efficiency you could run them on
both hoses (and we of course don't mind supplying two adapters ;-).  I'm
going to do with with my race car.  I think it's overkill for a road car,
but for my race car, if my temps are climbing, I want to know if it's due
to engine heat or the radiator not cooling.

George Roffe
http://www.nissport.com