tires

P@ bossman@customsteel.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:51:54 -0600

From: "Paul Kieca"
> Thanks everyone for the input. I have decided to go for the Kumho ECSTA
> Supra 712 (Size:195/55-15) for $63 each.

> Anyone want to hold me back before I buy first thing tomorrow morning? I
> hope these tires will be ok for the snow.

Some people say they suck in the snow...I would have to agree.

I run the Kumho's (215/40-17) and they do have pretty limited traction in
the snow and slip quite a bit, so probably not the best tire in the world
for the snowy season...personally, I would not drive if the road is
snowpacked or icy with these tires, if you have to...take it really
slow....thank god it doesnt snow too much here.

Best bet, since your running 15's buy a set of cheap rims for the snow and
get snow tires...thats my two cents...

P@
www.customsteel.com
99' G20 with some mods...