info on Classic radio compatibility

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:29:23 -0600

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 06:14  PM, davidpertuz@mindspring.com
wrote:

> The harness on the Nissan CD player in my '93 has a 7-prong circular
> plug on it, while the receptor plug on the '91 radio only has 5 holes,
> so the CD player will not work. Possibly a '93 radio will work in a
> '91 with a working CD player, but not a '91 in a '93.

It might be possible to buy an adapter to let this work, but the OEM
stuff is pretty much designed as a matched set, and I know at least on
the '91 there were at least two radio choices, three if you count the
option of 'none'.  ;)

Check the equipment to see who the manufacturer was, and then do some
research.  The folks at Crutchfield might be of some assistance...