rear o2?

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:20:11 -0600

I use a Honda Civic VX O2 sensor mounted approx 12" away from the turbo-
less turbulence from the turbo, I use the S-AFC to monitor the reading and
calibrate/tune the engine with it. The VX O2 sensor is a 5 wire sensor and
is like 80% as good as the wideband MoTEC or Horribra system. It doesn't
have as much of a range as those 2-4K dollar widebands, but its got a waaaay
better range than the stock Bosch O2 sensor which is only good around
stoichiometric. The local dyno place around me has a MoTEC wideband and I
will be going in there to fine tune the system with it, and compare my
results to the Honda VX sensor. The sensor I use is from a 95 Civic VX. I
dunno the retail price on it cause....ehh I'm friends with the parts manager
at Honda.
Mike Jez