rear o2?

Rick Frey rfrey@iupui.edu
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:49:39 -0600

At 07:02 PM 1/14/2003 -0600, Michael Jez wrote:
> > > 93 SE-R with 2 O2 sensors and OBDI.

> > 2?
>I have the OE 02 sensor in the downpipe and right down below it I got a
>wideband O2 sensor for my A/F analyzer. Comes hand with such black box as a
>S-AFC to fine tune the fuel delivery.
>Mike Jez
>93 SE-R with lots of bells and wistles.
>01 Max next on the list for cams :)

I like the idea of using a wide band O2 sensor permanently installed.

What wide band are you using?

How did you decide where to mount it in the exhaust stream?  I have heard
that they might be very sensitive to where (how far from the head does it
need to mount?) they mount.

Did you calibrate it at all using a proven O2 analyzer?  You might get a
different readings depending on where in the exhaust stream you place it.

Anyway, Congrats for using a custom setup and pushing this hobby further as
to where it needs to be.  Someday, I hope we all exchange ECU software in
the same manner that we trade MP3's.

Stand alones for everyone!

Any info on widebands is appreciated,

rick frey