If your logged on and know trans work, help I'm working on my back!

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:19:33 -0600

Wayne Cox wrote:

" The clutch disk has to be centered behind the pressure plate.  There are
at least 2
aligning dowels that have to mate up."

I found this to give me some trouble the last time that I did tranny work.
The cheap clutch alignment tools do not seat all of the way into the hole in
the crank where the pilot bearing would go if our cars had a pilot bearing.
I had to take my cheapie tool, grind the angled section at its nose down to
a cylinder that then "steps up" instead of angling up to the splined
section.  My tranny was a lot easier to install after that.

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs wiring work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be
-75 Silverado - Rusty Tow Beast