Broke all my rockers

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:33:53 -0600

At 12:03 PM 12/28/2002 -0600, Toddclemons@aol.com wrote:
>...all of the rockers broke except for one of them, also the oil squirter
>is missing about 2 inches at the end,it was sheared off and must have went
>into the bottom of the pan, I cant figure out what would cause such a huge
>amount of damage, I was driving at 65 mph when it happend, btw the car has
>254,000 miles on it

It's a pretty common thing, when the engine is over-revved (I was one of
the first unfortunate persons to do it, 8 years ago!)   I can not think of
any thing else that could cause it.  Especially that many at once!  I mean,
ONE rocker could have fatigued or been defective.  But seven?!?!?

Are you sure you didn't stuff 2nd gear (even briefly) at highway speed when
you intended to grab 4th?

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car