Tire balancing

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:28:38 -0600

 Cowboy wrote:
> They expect you to use stick-on weights.  Not ideal by any means, but
> better than nothin'.  Also, you mentioned TWENTY FREAKING POUND wheel
> weights?  WTF?

I know the stick-on's don't leave scratches, which is a definite plus.  My
main point (in my head if not in the email) was that my wheels do not have
any kind of lip on the outside rim, it's just totally smooth, and stick-on's
would not stay stuck-on (smile).  Plus it would be the equivalent of large
facial warts appearance-wise

So you can't put weights on the outside, which according to the shops around
here (Montgomery, AL, mecca of auto performance), makes it hard to balance
them.  And I can see how it would be harder. Theoretically possible?  I
don't know....

And, yea, they weigh 20 pounds.  TSW's, I forget the particular model.  I
sometimes do impulse buys I regret later.  This was one of them.  They have
a good, clean smooth look, but, like you mentioned, they're a tiny bit heavy
(smile), and hard to balance.

Jack (light car, heavy wheels, needs good balance job) Ray
94 SE-R