Tire balancing

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:08:20 -0600

Peter said:

> I'd have to believe that most of the wheels you can buy would allow
attachment
> front or rear.

So your wheels allow weights on the outside as well as on the inside ?  Are
you using stock, or aftermarket ?
There is no place for balancing weights on the outside of my aftermarket
wheels, and looking at tirerack and other advertisements, i see a lot of
wheels that look the same - no lip whatsoever on the outside of the wheel.

And does anyone have knowledge of what a 15 inch steel wheel might weigh ?
To fit a classic ?  I think that body-color painted steel wheels with little
hubcaps would look cool on a classic.  Think that's weird - hey, some people
like cars that bounce around, and some people like stereos so loud it'd
deafen you to sit in the car w/them on high volume (smile).

Thanks,

Jack