my experience with TPM (long)

Andy Cheung cyc5181@hotmail.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:38:32 -0600

hello to all,

as some of you know, i dropped my car off at Throttle Position Motorsport to
get some piping and tuning done back in March. Knowing Vince's reputation
and my own past experience with him, i thought it would be nice to have him
to work on my car. and so 3 months past by, and my car was still sitting at
the shop, nothing was accomplished. i emailed him and he said that the guy
doing the piping messed up over and over again, and that he could not get
the job done on time. therefore he had made me an offer that he would get
this job done free of charge, as long as i agreed to put TPM's sticker on my
car. of course, i took the offer and went up to dallas and talked to him. he
said that he should have my car dont by mid-july. so i waited and waited,
mid-july came, and nothing happened. i called him again, and see what he has
to say. he told me that the day he was going to deliver my car to houston
somebody went into him and had an accident. and that couple of the pipings
went bad. then he told me it would be done in couple weeks. from that point
on, i called once a week to check and see when my car will be ready. and
still my car is still not done. around mid to late October, he told me that
he quitted his job at Bankston and said that he would be working full-time
at TPM, and also hired James Vick. and so i thought maybe this time he
really will get my car done. NOPE. the last time i talked to him was
probablly early November, and ever since then i have not been able to
contact him. for the past 3~4 weeks i called everyday, morning, afternoon,
or night to see if anyone would pick up the phone. NOPE, no one picked it
up. i even emailed Vince and still he has not reply to my email yet. i left
a message to James on the SR20 forum and he did not reply either. Until
yesterday, i called TPM again, and finally somebody picked up the phone and
then said, "hello, i cannot hear you, all i hear on this side is just a dial
tone, but whoever you are, STOP CALLING" then the person hung up.

now the only way i could contact Vince is only by phone and email, because i
live in Houston. and for the past 3~4 weeks i have yet to have a person to
pick up the phone at TPM. i do not know what's going with Vince. i would
really really appreaciate it if he would at least tell me what's going on.
and another thing, i understand that he WAS only doing TPM part-time, but
now that he's full time there, i do not understand why it takes them so long
to get some intercooler pipings done???? does it really take 9 months to get
those pipings?? i have been out of car since March, and everyday i either
ride with someone, or take the bus to go to school and/or work.
i think ive been really patient about it, but losing contact withVince just
add more frustration than i have already. up til today i STILL could not get
a hold of him.
i also understand that he is doing this job for free, but it did not start
like that. i was going to pay whatever he ask for it, but that he made this
offer to me because he could not get the job done on time and correctly. i
do not know if he thinks that since he's doing this job free, so that he
takes his time on it and just finish it whenever he wants or whenever he has
time for it.
i seriously think this is ridiculus for a shop that takes 9 months to get
some intercooler pipings and tuning done, even if he is only part-time.
i did not want to bash Vince and/or TPM, but this is over my limit. i have
been patiently waiting for them to get my car done, but this is taking TOO
long, and lost contact with them just pushed me over my limit.
If any of you know a way to contact Vince and/or James, PLEASE help me out
here. as im really hopeless at this point.
thank you for listening.

Andy Cheung
NX2000
Houston, TX