Pre Streets prepwork Q's

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:40:56 -0600

Well I'm gearing up for my first track event (I don't think my experience in
autocrossing counts much in this context) so I just recently got an
alignment. I set them to 2 neg and 1/16 toe out per Mike K a while back and
man, let me tell you what a difference an alignment makes. I used to have
the GC camber plates on and had it aligned but then when I took it off, I
didn't think I needed it so I drove like that for a while. Well, my car
tracks better and doesn't follow the grooves in the road as much. I can also
launch from a stop much easier whereas before I was squealing tires all the
time without trying (this is with stock HP!) It turns out I had around 3 neg
and I was toed in a lil bit but I didn't think it was that bad but damn, it
feels so much better now.

Anyways, any tips for us newbies on the track such as specific things to
take care of before heading out to the track? I myself am bringing a set of
stock front pads just in case I wear out my Porterfield R4S pads. Also,
should I change the rears to the R4S pads too or should I stick with stock?
Would either setup affect braking balance? I've checked all the fluids and
bled my brakes(Motul 600 baby!) Anything else I should check? Thanx for any

Ray S
98 Sentra SE