muffler?

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:28:19 -0600

Alright, I am below < of a tank today so at lunch I will go and fill with
the good stuff at Quick Trip (ummm roasted pheasant sounds good..). I will
reset the ECU at the same time and then try to check timing and whatnot this
weekend.
Thanks for all the help.

Brian M. Cembor

No.  I never said 17* was okay with 87o.  I said 91o was good to over
20*.  If you're running 17*, you need at *least* 89, but 91o would be
worth it.  If your car knocked with 87*, the ECU may have dialed the
advance out (never less than 5*), so you'd actually be running the
equivalent to 12* of base mechanical advance, worse even than stock.