Was Alternator pivot bolt (Now bypassing the AC compressor)

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:48:19 -0600

Just a quick question and i may be relavent here and it may not.
Does your tension bolt (the long one) sit above or below the lock bolt (the
short one that goes through the metal rectangle, the bracket and then ito
the alternaotor) On both the cars i have, it sits above the lock bolt. If it
sits below, that may be your problem. That or a longer belt could take care
of your problem.
Easy way to size a belt when you have no reference:
Take a peice of string and wrap it around the pulleys the way you want it to
go.
Take the string off and measure it end to end in inches.
New belt format will be something like:
325k4 or 4k325
The above belt would be a 32.5 inch long belt (circumfrential distance) with
4 ribs. A 480k5 would be a 48" blet with 5 ribs.
Check that out and see what happens.
Rick