Was Alternator pivot bolt (Now bypassing the AC compressor)

Josh Douglas yjosh@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:32:25 -0600

--- Rick Warkentien <sr20de@sunflower.com> wrote:
> The one in my Girlfreinds NX2K went AWOL.
> Never did understand that either. How can a bolt
> dissapear that won't come out
> when you want it to? I have never been able to get
> an alternator out without
> pulling the braket and then the pivot bolt....

Good question. My belt was sqealing the other day. I
thought it would be a five minute job, but I had to
pull the whole bracket. Penetrant wouldn't touch that
threaded adjuster. I had to take it to work and torch
it.

Here's my question: I noticed that the previous owner
had bypassed the AC compressor with a shorter belt.
Now, the adjuster doesn't seem to be at the proper
angle to tension the belt because the path of the belt
is different. Do non AC cars have a different bracket?
Do i even need to worry about this? I got my belt to
stop making noise, but I'm not real confident in the
setup. Probably just too paranoid?

Josh
91 SE-R