Wannabe Garage Rat SNAFU

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:15:26 -0600

Poop on a stick. Got your attention, I hope. Anyway, while attempting to
improve my garage rat experience, I did a tune up on my car.

Replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. Put everything where
it was supposed to be, double checked everything twice.

Put the battery back in and... ptttts, nothing. I've got power, but the
starter isn't even clicking. I checked the fuses, all are fine.

Rechecked all my work this morning, everything is as it should be. Pulled
the rotor off again, put it back on and hit the Crapola Payoff.

I broke the screw that holds the rotor on... over torqued that puppy, me big
he-man with brain size of walnut.

Anyway, I've tried a search for this... no luck. I'm thinking of pulling the
whole distributor out, then using a drill to drive the leftover screw piece
out. Then, if that works, I'll get another screw, hook everything back up
and try to start the car.

Some back ground: I've had the starter squeal thingy... it does it off and
on. I'd think it would be one hell of a coincidence that the starter would
be the culprit. Even with a bad starter, wouldn't it at least attempt to
start? Before the screw mishap, I was getting nothing, no clicking whirring
or anything.

Anyway, this has gotten very discouraging. Makes me not want to touch the
car again.

Oh well, I think I'll go visit the twins in the NICU... that will calm me
down.

Sorry for the length,
Mark