Help in selecting tool set (Craftsman VS Harbor Freight)

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:34:08 -0500

I don't want to seem like a jerk, but we did have this discussion like 2
months ago. it should be in the archives. But a quick answer is... you get
what you pay for.

Brian M. Cembor
Southeast Regional Purchasing
Fastenal - Industrial and Construction Supplies
bcembor@fastenal.com <mailto:bcembor@fastenal.com>
www.fastenal.com <http://www.fastenal.com>

Big factor in the equation is price
vs reliability issue and both have lifetime warranties.
So, does anyone have any experience with Harbor Freight Tools, good and bad?
I have their torque wrench (1/2 drive, 0-150 ft/lbs) and it seems well made
but I really haven't put it through it's paces yet. I've already heard some
of the good stories about Craftsman but how bout some horror ones?