kumho 712's and snow

Matt Hunt mhunt@ecin.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:39:43 -0500

I missed the original post so I don't know where the original poster is
located...

Here are my thoughts on the subject...
I live in the Boston area. We get our fair share of snow. To replace my
lousy all-season 5 year old Nankang tires that came with the 200SX rims
on my '91 SE-R, I was hell-bent on Bridgestone Potenza S03s. They are
one of the highest rated tires at the Tire Rack for a summer ultra-high
performance tire. At first I thought "well I need an all-season tire
since we get snow", but then I asked myself just how often do I find
myself driving *in or on* actual snow. 99% of the time it's just really
wet... I would say, figure out how they do in the wet weather if you
don't get much snow.

I ended up with Dunlop SP Sport 5000s because I was given a set as a
gift a few weeks ago.  :-)  Bridgestone tires will have to wait.

Matt