Hypercoil springs and AGX's installed

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:00:15 -0500

In the first place, I managed to screw up a simple thing like measuring
something with a tape measure.  I set the tape measure on the ground then
pulled the tape up to the arch.  Well, what this does is create
'measurements' that are 2.5 inches too short (the width of the base of the
tape measure.  MAN these bananas are good !!

So my REAL ground to fender arch measurement up front is 24.13 inches, and
in back would be 23.38.  I have 15 inch wheels, with 205 / 50 series
Bridgestone Potenza RE910's, about half the tread left.

I have maybe 15 miles on the new springs and struts.  I hope to be able to
actually drive the car this week (smile).  My limited observations are:
  1)  I have the struts set to full soft front and rear.  Maybe in a couple
hundred miles I'll go to medium range, after they loosen up a little.  They
are actually better over small sharp bumps like tar strips than my old stock
struts, which were totally worn out.
  2)  Very little lean in corners.  I can tell the springs are stiffer on
speed bumps, as well as just generally around curves and on bumps, but not
bad at all considering how strong they are.  But they ARE considerably
stiffer.  If you have stock springs and good struts, then you in my opinion
will have a significantly less comfortable ride after installing the
300/200's.  But, hey, I'm the guy who can't even use a tape measure
correctly.
  4)  I also had the rear control arm bushing set from Energy Suspension
installed at the same time.  What I'm thinking now is I probably also want
the ones for the lower front control arm bushings.

I mentioned GC camber plates in another post about this same topic.  Do you
know if they would lower the front a bit ?

I will post more driving impressions when I have actually driven the car a
bit more.  And what does WRT stand for in your last paragraph ?

Thanks,

Jack Ray
94 SE-R
> Jack Ray wrote:

> > Got my new 300/200 pound springs  snip, snip

>> William Conner wrote:
>> Your ground to fender lip measurements sound awfully low.  I have noted
the
>> following measurements in inches from various sources:

>>                                        Front                      Rear

>> FSM w/ 185/60x14s         25.47                     24.92

>>  snip, snip

>> Your car                         21.63                      20.88

>> In general, it appears that the front is expected to ride little higher
than the
>> rear

snip, snip