Goodbye mailing list.

Chris Pronios hpro@b-link.gr
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:09:11 -0500

Larry,

all things considered, you have every right and ample reason to "care" for
the legacy of the list and of course every right to decide what the "best
thing to do" is.

However, as a member from far awaaayyyy from you (half way around the globe)
let me re-iterate my view on this issue.

Yes, the list has fallen way off where it once was. But for the
"was-se-r"ers it is still THE MAIN watering hole. I myself work 12 hours a
day in front of several monitors and can access any forum list I want. I
often post in them as well. But when it is time to ask a question for which
a *actually* need an answer, the LIST is the first and only place I go to.
More often than not, the answer comes through the wire and I never have to
post anywhere else.

So it is my opinion that whenever I am in need of information I use the
list.

I can understand that the SE-R community fragmentation in the States has
cut-off the list from several info sources (announcements, heated
issue-specific discussions, etc.) that are no longer even mentioned in here.

Still, is this fact reason enough to cut-off the only source of technical
and sound information I have been able to find during my 10 years of
involvement with SR20s? I hope not. The fact that the list is no longer THE
ONLY place everybody turns to cannot be disputed. I also strongly believe
that the list is THE FIRST place serious people who value their time should
turn to!.

If the continued existence of the list is in your mind associated with the
(only scemantically) different label "was" or "old-farts" (actually I much
prefer this last one but it has been copy-locked by a certain list member
whose name or age I shall not mention) PLEASE do mutate it into a new list,
I have no proble subscribing to it. I would subscribe to your new one even
if the name of the list was .....
"honda lov-ser" !!!!!!.

Chris Pronios
1992 Sunny 2.0 GTi (n/a SR20DE N14)