Goodbye mailing list.

Matt Hunt mhunt@ecin.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:47:40 -0500

With all due respect, I didn't realize that the fate of the list was
entirely up to you. There seem to be a lot of people that would like to
see it live on. With all this renewed interest in getting SERCA back on
its feet, I think killing the list would be a bad idea. There are a lot
of geeky people like myself out there with the resources to house a
list like this, and I definitely think that Yahoo or any other
ad-driven place or even a paid place isn't the way to go.

All I'm saying is, find some new management (like SERCA is doing) and a
new home if you don't want to deal with the list anymore. The list has
its place, as do the forums. I like having both resources available to
me. I'm tired of this back-and-forth about the fate of the list. Larry,
you've served the community very well in managing this list for all
these years and many are thankful for that. Just pass the torch and
move on.

Matt