Rust on caliper

Scott Herstad shersta@ilstu.edu
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 07:50:06 -0500

Dustin,

An economical solution to your rusty calipers and knuckles (and anything
else in the undercarriage) is to paint them. I would recommend a product
called POR 15 (do a web search). I've painted a number of items on my
car (calipers, knuckle, control arms, spots of rust on the body), and
I've found it to be a very effective and long-lasting product. The
painting process is a bit more complicated than normal, but if you
follow the directions, it works quite well. Have fun.

Scott
'93 classic w/ shiney silver calipers and new-looking undercarriage bits