Weird-ass Drag Racing Questions

Pat Griffith griffser@hotmail.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 07:57:37 -0500

>get as many runs in as one would like.  Easily 12 runs
>in 3 hours if you don't get right back in line after a
>run.

A track like that is perfect for working on your launch
technique.:)  When I started drag racing, I went to Va.
Motorsports Park on Friday nights and could easily get
10 runs in a night.  60-foot times went from 2.5's on (I
think) Yokohama A509's down to 2.2's, then down to 2.1's
with Bridgestone RE-71's.  My best ever was a 2.08.

Damn, I feel old.  My first pass down the drag strip was
in 1995 (7 years and two SE-R's ago)!  I haven't drag
raced an SE-R since '99!

Pat
'00 Lightning
'91 Sentra SE-R, SCCA raSEcaR, mangled ass end
'92 Sentra E, no engine but nice ass ;)
'90 Formula WS6 (305 TPI), future ITR/WRX killer?