ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:32:11 -0500

Not to beat this topic down...but it looks like its on fire....anyways have
any of U thought of the Greddy E-manage system ? Its 390 bux retail price
from Greddy, taps into the stock harness going to the ECU and modifies
ingnition, fuel curve, can turn on VVL for ya VE guys, controll boost, and
its Windows based software is eassy and friendly to use. It works on any car
that is fuel injected. Now with Groupbuycenter.com having sales on up to 25%
off Greddy products U can probably get the E-manage for around 300 bux
shipped to your door, plus add in the cost of a MAP sensor to tune it right,
price of the software- to be determined, and U got a cheap stand alone
system for probably 500 bux. Anyone serious enough will give this one a try,
I know I am going to take a stab at it, got access to a wide band O2s, J&S
knock guard and a day at the DynoJet for 100 bux a day- as many pulls as the
engine can take. AEM makes a stand alone ECU also but its not universal just
yet- and the one Ive seen for GS-Rs comes with a program in it that is like
stock and U can then go and modify the stock maps via a laptop. AEMs ECU
plugs right into the stock wireing harness where Greddy one is like a
piggyback- black box kinda thing but something little more.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R JWT ECU plus Apexi S-AFC to lean tha biatch out some for more power.
01 Max.