ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:06:51 -0500

Regular Snap On scanner can be used with just the right cable... my friend
has a Palm based Nissan scanner we use on my SE-R to tune it with- hes a ex
Nissan tech 15 years at Nissan, head diagnostics dude, won Nissan Tech of
the year once...blah blah blah... hes got every doo daad in electronics for
cars. We constantly mess with my AFC equipped JWT ECUed SE-R, and I will
soon ditch my JWT ECU for a Greddy E-manage system. Snap On scanners go for
around 3K bux with all the cartriges, and more if U want the built in
Osciliscopes, and Airbag system, ABS programs too. It all depends on what U
wanna do with it. Ive used OTC, Snap On, Matco, MAC, Cornwell scanners on my
93 SE-R and only the older scan tools can't do such things like ignition
timing advance via the ECU, adjust the idle, or perform O2 sensor tests.
Mike Jez.
93 SE-R 110 in the tank, going to a dyno session tomorrow AFC in check, wide
band in check :)
01 Maxima- in need of a speed limiter defencer- 135 is all she sang.