ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:45:27 -0500

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 07:39  PM,
spdracer@mail.utexas.edu wrote:

>> OH MY GOD!  This is BIG!  Why hasn't there been more response on this
>> today?!

> Well, I think it's very cool...

Hell, its EXTREMELY cool!  ;)  I think those that took the time to
read it all are probably sitting back being overwhelmed with the info
and trying to figure out just what to do with it.

> BUT.... since I'm a lazy bastard and don't want to deal with tuning a
> motor (like I even know how, have the equipment, or time!), I'll just
> let JWT do the tuning for me... IF I did have the time, a dyno with a
> wideband O2, yeah, I'd have a lot of fun with it :)

All very true.  First youd need to extract the code used here in the
States (or whatever region youre in), and from there, youd need to
dyno, dyno, dyno.  Any tweaking is going to require testing to verify
the changes to note their effect in order to optimize the maps.

What it comes down to for most of us is that someone with the above
experience and equipment would need to come up with a master program
that the rest of us can then download and install.  Since this isnt
being done on this side of the pond yet, wed have a bit of a hill to
climb to make this worthwhile.  For most of us, sticking with JWT makes
a lot more sense.

But for those that have complained about a lack of ECU choices, heres
the perfect chance to be innovative.  ;)