ECU wiring harness for VE from SR, close, but need some advise

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:07:08 -0500

thanks for the info Jay

  1. I am not really sure why I need to use the volt meter.
  2. Using the FSM, assuming the pins on both ECU's perform the same
function, I will be able to handle this.
  3.  You say:

> Using a voltmeter, identify each wire coming out of
> the ECU pin connector (on the VVL harness) and write
> it down. This is done by testing for continuity.

Why do I need to do this?  There are about 16 wires on the VVL harness that
I need to connect under the dash.  By cross refererencing the SR FSM, I see
that they are the same wires that the SR also has connectors for  (1 has
about 12 wires, 1 about 6 or so)

   4.  You say this and this is what I am hoping for.

 The
> pins should pretty much be in the same locations for
> the same functions overall.

right now, Ihave the car running on both ECU's, it weird, but it's allows it
to do the fuel pump, but after I change the connectors, I can just run the
one VVL.

JGY
another Jay Whitely supporter