ECU wiring harness for VE from SR, close, but need some advise

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:49:54 -0500

> Question:  If I use the FSM from the '92 and trace
> each connector wire to
> where it goes, will the VVL ECU and the '92 ECU have
> the same wires to
> perform the same functions on the same place on the
> ECU pins?

***Jason,

You are on the right track here for sure.  You are
doing pretty much the same thing one would do when
doing Silvia swap wiring.

Using a voltmeter, identify each wire coming out of
the ECU pin connector (on the VVL harness) and write
it down. This is done by testing for continuity.

Compare the info you gather against an FSM for the
1992 or do the same thing for the 1992 harness. The
pins should pretty much be in the same locations for
the same functions overall.

Add or delete pins as needed.

As for the connectors under the dash...if you are
missing a plug, add it. If you have an extra plug,
find out where the wires need to go and route them
there.

This is exactly the same process I had to use when
wiring the S13 motor into the S14 chassis.

Call me tonight after 8 PM if you want any more info.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL