(no subject)

Jacob Dockter dockterj@attbi.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:19:30 -0500

Hey List,
Some of you may remember me - George, I'm the guy that pestered you for more
information when I put the cruise control in my 91 NX.
Anyway, I'm writing this note to document the hassles I've had with
www.nissanautoparts.com.  It's a long story, so I'll start at the beginning.
A long time ago I had some bodywork done on my NX.  The company that did it
lost the end piece on the weatherstrip retainer (small flat plastic
finisher).  I didn't notice it for a while but it started to bug me.  I
priced the part out (had to order the entire wxstrip retainer) and shelled
out the $50 to Courtesy for it.  Part came, damaged in shipment, Courtesy
took it back no questions asked.  Fast forward a year.  I get the itch to
get that damn finisher again, so I order the part from
www.nissanautoparts.com.  I've ordered from them in the past and had no
problems.  So the big box o parts shows up and what do we have here?  I pull
the wxstrip retainer out of its box and look it over, I notice the plastic
finisher is loose - then I notice it is all bunged up *just like the one I
sent back to Courtesy*.  I then notice that one end of the part box is
re-taped.  I'm 99% sure that this is the same part I returned once before.
Not a huge deal, as someone why spent $50 for the wxstrip retainer most
likely wouln't mind that bunged up end.  I send an email to
nissanautoparts.com.  It bounces.  I call the number listed on the web site.
The guy who answers says "those guys aren't here, can they call you back".
I leave my number - never hear from them.  Call back two days later and say
I need an RMA for a damaged part.  He says "you need to talk to UPS".  I say
it wasn't damaged in shipment.  He takes my number and says the guys will
call me back.  They, of course, never do.  This happens two or three more
times.  I don't have any more time to waste on this so I am eating the $50.
What can I say about www.nissanautoparts.com?  It's a great company when
nothing goes wrong, but if you need to talk to a live person good luck.
I've never had a problem getting a hold of anyone at Courtesy (and I'm sure
there are other companies like Courtesy that are worthy of my business but
www.nissanautoparts.com is not one of them).

-Jake