Spec V wheels - weight

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:57:23 -0500

>Subject: Re: Spec V wheels - weight
>Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:06:36 -0500

>Are you absolutely sure about that?  Ben Rockwell weighed his at 21 lbs.
>Hmmmmm

>Lee

> > A VERY respectable 13.42 lbs. ( 6.1Kg)

No, actually I made a mistake.
We have a scale at work with a memory and presets..
A bit too fancy and complicated for me when working in the garage at 1:00
a.m. !

It is used by weighing the packing boxes empty first, then the goods and it
has a memory.
I did not clear the memory, so it was removing about 6.5 lbs from the total
weight.
With no balancing weights, or nuts they DO weight 21 lbs.
Your friend is right.

Not as light as better forged wheels, but still lighter than most cast mags.
Actually that was a bit reassuring, as I have just bought some new wheels,
and lined up a buyer for my old ones, and thought I had made a terrible
mistake.
After I got this message I reset the scale and re-weighed them today.
Then I did not feel so bad.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD