Merlin Era Was:Re: Headers and other forums Getting things straight

Tommy Chang t_bonez_98@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:46:37 -0500

--- mike kojima <choaderboy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Be thankful there are any parts at all.  Remember in
> the Merlin days when the ultimate setup was tokiko
> blue shocks with pro-kit springs, a greddy cat back,
> gen 1 hotshot header and a POP charger.

> Mike

Man, I am soooo close to the ultimate setup. ;-)

We should just call the early days of the SE-R list
the Merlin Era now.  Every time I hear mention of the
early list years, there is some reference to Merlin,
"Back when guys like Merlin were around" or "... when
Merlin was still on the list."  :-)

SE-R content: I had a HotShot Gen 3.  It fit well and
didn't leak, but the Pacesetter is a good bang for the
buck if you can't afford a HotShot.

I personally witnessed a 14.7 run by a classic with a
PS header and exhaust and an intake on drag radials.
I also saw a dyno run of a 95 200SX with 91 cam,
Courtesy exhaust, cone filter, and PS header dyno at
148 the same day that other (more heavily) modded
SR20's were dynoing between 132 and 142 and a stock
B15SE dyno'ed at 117.

I can't attribute these occurrences directly and
solely to the PS header, but I think they do work well
for the price.

My 2 cents.

Tommy
92 NX2K
93 Sentra XE w/4 doors, JDM SR20...and T28