Headers and other forums Getting things straight

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:10:24 -0500

Not to make any excuses for Hotshot but they are a
small company that makes the best Nissan headers on
the market.  Best performing, best fitting with the
best compatability for other aftermarket parts like
clearance for sway bars and quick shifters with
sufficient ground clearance.

The QR25 header was delayed after the initial release
due to a redesign where the header meets the downpipe
to reduce the liklyhood of exhaust leaks.

Because Hotshot sells every header they make before
its even made due to production constraints, there is
a wait for their stuff.

In fact it makes business sense for Hotshot to
actually raise there prices to trim demand since
production is the bottle neck in getting any of there
stuff.  They do hold the line on pricing though.

Sure you are mad because you can't get a header right
now but I encourage you to find another header on the
market right now.  AEBS is currently testing
prototypes with good initial results but I am not sure
if they have a production part yet. Other than that,
there is no one else.

Instead of whining or being impatient, perhaps you
might want to design and produce your own header.  I
mean you wrote a long and whiney letter to NPM almost
demanding that they do something about Hotshots
business.  NPM simply got a prototype header and
tested it.  NPM, JWT or Hotshots dealers are not
responsible for Hotshots production schedual.

Sorry if I sound harsh be welcome to the realities of
the aftermarket for niche cars where we are lucky to
convince anyone to make any parts for our cars at all.
 If you want parts shipped to you in stock and the
next day from Nopi for a cheap price, maybe you should
have gotten a Civic.

I spend my whole life waiting for special parts.  Then
I test them, make suggestions, wait for more test
parts, test screw around several times, then the parts
get release for sale to you guys. Since the bigger
richer more together companies are not really
interested in Nissans, I have to deal with smaller
companies that are not as well funded or organized,
thus the waits.

Be thankful there are any parts at all.  Remember in
the Merlin days when the ultimate setup was tokiko
blue shocks with pro-kit springs, a greddy cat back,
gen 1 hotshot header and a POP charger.

Mike
--- Maurice Hilarius <maurice@harddata.com> wrote:
big ass rant