One more thing on oil filters (PureOne)

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:38:27 -0500

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 01:43 AM, Brax Sisco wrote:

> the Purolator PureOne filter is also available at Pep Boys as a
> "PROLine" filter.  They are identical (I compared them), but the
> "PROLine" is cheaper.

The only way to tell if they are really identical is to cut them both
apart and compare.  Fortunately, it looks like someone has already done
this, at least for the Ford 5.0L filter.

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study/

Tons of great info/pics there, and he even lists what brands are
manufactured by someone else, and the differences in those other brands.