One more thing on oil filters (PureOne)

Brax Sisco brax_sisco@hotmail.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 01:43:51 -0500

All this talk on oil filters got me doing some searching, and I found
that the Purolator PureOne filter is also available at Pep Boys as a
"PROLine" filter.  They are identical (I compared them), but the
"PROLine" is cheaper.  The part numbers are basically the same as well.

In my case ('97 200sx), the PureOne # is PL14622, and the PROLine # is
PPL-14622.  The former was $5.99 and the latter $3.49.  So I guess the
extra $2.50 is to have the Purolator name and the pretty metallic blue
casing...

Anyway, interesting bit of info and a good way to save a few bucks if
you are using the PureOne...

Brax Sisco
'97 200sx - HS G4 - JWT ECU & POP - UR 4 Pullies - PS SS - '91 Cam