Radiator fans not working? Removed your AC?

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:28:24 -0500

Once upon a time (Wed Aug 21), Mike Jez wrote:

> My both fans kick on exacly at 205F on the gauge and scan tool, I
> don't have AC eighter, just took the stuff out and left both fans
> in. If I want the fans to work all the time, I hit the AC button
> and the fast stay on, and ECU kicks the idle up like 200RPM. I
> dunno if this works on anything 95-up.

According to my reading of the wiring diagrams, and my observations,
that isn't possible unless you have the dual pressure switch (DPS)
harness wires connected. You may have. That is wired with the dash AC
switch.  If the DPS harness is not delivering current, then the dash
switch is inoperative. After I hardwired the DPS harness such that it
is always sending current, the AC dash switch became operative again
(lights up when pressed, fans turn on, engine idles higher).

Check the wire that was plugged into the reciever/drier, it is in
a little rubber sleeve of its own, by the left headlight. If it is
just hanging there, and your AC switch works something is strange.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net