Radiator fans not working? Removed your AC?

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:48:51 -0500

Lord Larry said:
> The thing I find odd is that the fans did not work with the switch
> open... why would the ECU fail to turn on the fans if the AC is
> malfunctioning/missing? The logic for this is buried inside the ECU,
> so the wiring diagrams only explain so much. Eric Waterman said he
> didn't have this problem with his absent AC. Strange.

Hmmm well the one option now is that the fans are dead.  Or maybe the relay
that kicks them on.  Pop them into another car see what happens.  How about
one of the fan mod's here, just to basicly test the system?  Put in a toggle
switch and wire the fans up that way see if they kick on.  After that if
they work, then its a sensor issue or the relay for the fans if they turn.
Hmmmm, what about forcefully putting the car into limp mode????  That way
the fans are always on or so is told by the ECU.  I like the toggle switch
idea better, right behind testing in another car.

I know many people with no AC and the fans work fine, so that says something
is up with the relay or fans I would think.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
idiot