MAF and ECU question

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:23:27 -0500

U got a MAF insufficient flow, or MAF circuit maulfunction codes. When I did
my clutch on my Maxima I totally forgot to plug the MAF in ( Hondas dont
have one and I forgot) so I pluged it in while the car was runing- SES light
was on...well the MAF took a shit at the time I pluged it back in while the
car was runing. I went to the dealer- knowing everyone there they hooked me
up with a new MAF under warranty, reprogrammed my ECU, adjusted my timing up
a few degrees and set my idle to my specs. 97 Maxima will have 3 O2 sensors,
one is in the back right in the 1.5" pipe that goes from the cat to the mid
muffler- literally Maxima has a 1.5" exhaust in that spot. U got one in the
Y-pipe in the back and one in the front. CA and 2001s have 4 O2 sensors- but
there is no 02 sensor in the back behind the main cat and no 1.5" exhaust
restriction, 00s still have the 1.5" exhaust. Its pretty common for a Maxima
to eat up 02 sensors every 35K miles or so. If U run them hard as hell, the
O2s seem to last for a very long time.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R S-AFC tunned- 110 in the tank all the time
01 Max redlined every day, ACT equipped boat 37K miles without a single
problem- built in Japan.