one observation and question

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:24:26 -0500

I changed my oil Friday night. As per the conversation recently, it took me
no longer than the time to cool the engine down so I could safely reach the
filter. Speaking of which.. I bought a K&N oil filter, knew the quality of
the air filters, reason the oil one should be good to go as well? It is same
diameter and pitch, etc.., however, it is about 1-2" shorter than the Bosch,
Purolator replacement ones. It also as a nice, handy hex nut on the end of
it as well. It was MUCH easier to position on the threads as the shortness
gave me a little more room to work with.
Question - does the shortness of the filter effect the efficiency of said
filter?

Brian M. Cembor
'92 SE-R
mostly stock