SV: SR20VE

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:02:13 -0500

>After I have received all the parts and where ready to do the swap, I
>was ordered to attend to an KURSUS for four weeks from 16-22 beside my
>normal job from 08-16, so I had to get a good friend do the swap for
>me!! Everything is ready to go, but we need the last data to get the
>engine completely ready, and as far as I now (It might be wrong) then
>there is two types of SR20VE engines, which gives a risk that the valve
>clearance I would find with the little amount of time I have for the
>time being, COULD be the wrong value, so to be sure not to get any more
>bad experiences I wrote you guys a mail, because I needed a QUICK and
>CORRECT answer and because I thought that one of you had to know it.

So what I need to know is this.  What color is the valve cover on your
engine.  If it is black then I have the same engine with VERY low miles and
can just check mine.  Check out this link of my install and see if yours
looks like this: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291534383 If it is a
blue then we would need to confirm that the clearances are the same.  If it
is red (red would be very unlikely) then it is not the same valvetrain at
all.  I will talk with my forum for you because you can't post as a newbie,
plus I know who to trust in the VE section.  All you want is the Valve
Clearance Correct?

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE
VE Driven for 3 weeks.