READ THIS

Ryan Besterwitch rbester@cox.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:18:11 -0500

All,

It's been sometime since I've posted.  I haven't been following the list
much for quite some time although I usually read it and see what's going
on.

I've been on this list for many many moons and have learned an amazing
amount about my SE-R and found a great group of people at the same time.
It was the only outlet at the time and was the standard.  Now there is
competition.

I think for the general newbie, or general internet user for that
matter, the various web forums are easier for them to use.  It's like
AOL, I really don't like it but it's the easiest to use for someone
starting and they market the hell out of their product.

I too wouldn't like to see the list go, but I'm not sure if it's just
for nostalgic reasons or not.  I am one of the people that runs
nissanforums.com and have seen membership there grow very rapidly.  I'm
not sure what the fate of the list is but I do too feel that I owe back
to it as George mentioned and would like to put more effort towards it.
The list depends on new people joining.  Just like anything, you may
have a certain market but if you don't atract new members your numbers
will drop over time.  That's the way things work.  While it seems I may
have a conflict of interest, I really just want our community to
continue to prosper.  One of the biggest reasons I've always enjoyed
this list is because of how well it has been moderated.  Larry is a
great Dictator :-)

As a side, I am also one of the people running SE-R.net and all the
comments I've seen are true.  It is in dire need of updating and we do
have plans for it although they are going slow.  The registry should be
up and running in less than a month where the user will be able to add
and update their info.  If you have a nissanforums login you will be
able to use that for the registry as well.  If there is anyone that has
some good info to add to SE-R.net don't hesitate to send it to me and I
will add it.  If you can make sure it's nice and readible and have pics
with it all the merrier.

Ryan Besterwitch
95 200SX SE-R Turbo
93 NX2000