READ THIS

Donovan Maxwell dono200sx@yahoo.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:48:35 -0500

Larry, I agree with the other list members. I've been on this list for only a

few month. I joined in May. What I have to say is this: If it were not for

this list, I would have never met George, who would have never told me

about the Texas Rally. It was from there that I learned about se-r.net and

sentra.net and the various other gold mines of imformation available about

my car. While I do use the web forums a great deal, I look forward more to

checking the list each day. Why? Because I know that what is discussed

here on the list is relevant and is always enlightening. I learn more from

reading about things on the list, than I do on the forums. While there are

more people on the forums, a lot of what is discussed there is repetative.

Even worse, they seem to be turning into a general ricer forum. The real

knowledge is without a doubt, here on the list.

I agree that if the updates were made, not only to the list, but to se-r.net as

well, the list would become better than it is now. 4 years is a long time for

updates to have been made. I think that this could be one of the factors

drawing people to the forums. The fact that it is more difficult to sift

through the archives than to perform a quick search on the forums is enough

to start pushing people away. I second the proposal that se-r.net AND the list

get updated in tandem. I say that we should change along with the times. It is

this continual forward motion that is going to keep the list alive and healthy.

IIRC, SOLM found out also that they needed to change to keep up with the

times, and they are now NPM (which is my favorite website). Now look at

them! They're highly regarded throughout the Nissan community. As the

Nissan community continues to change and grow, so should the list.

Let's keep the list alive and revive it back to it's fullest potential.

Donovan Maxwell
1995 200SX SE w/ WAI & 12* timing