clutch and flywheel ?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:53:57 -0500

Adam Katzenmeyer wrote:

>I would like to hear from anyone who has any of these
>items or anyone who feels I should check into other
>options like JWT or clutchmasters

Forget Clutchmasters.  Search on Clutchmasters, Clutchbastards, and even
Clutchmasterbaters (seriously - gotta love Mike Garner).

I would recommend you at least consider the JWT.  You haven't stated what
kind of hp/torque you have or are planning on, but the ACT street set-up
and JWT have similar holding power.  The ACT is grippy, making it *seem*
like a stronger clutch.  The JWT is a bit more forgiving when
launching.  It also has a significantly lighter pedal feel (even lighter
than stock).  If you're into chirping your tires, the ACT is the way to
go.  Otherwise do yourself a favor and consider the JWT.  JWT also sells an
aluminum flywheel at 9lbs.  Nice piece.  I have two of them and two JWT
clutches.  BTW, just as a testimony to the user friendliness of the JWT, my
wife drives the turbo G20 with the JWT clutch and low mass flywheel every
day with zero complaints and she's not into cars.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>