AC stops working under long drive?

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:47:26 -0500

Wayne Wrote:
> Sounds like the condensation drain isn't working.  Water backs up,
probably
> freezing  onto the evaporator core and blocking air flow.  On the B13
there
> is a rubber hose low on the firewall under the hood that the water drains
> out.  If it falls off, the water will drain into the passenger floor,
> rather than outside (found this out the soggy way!)  I'd check that.
>     -Wayne

This is also a typical symptom of an AC system that is overfull. Essentially
what happens at that point is the AC becomes to effecient and freezes the
condensation onto the evaporator. Have a proffesional with a good set of
gauges check the pressures and see what they say.
Temp Fix: On long drives once it freezes up, run the heater for a few
minutes and it should start blowing again. Had this happen to me on my
second car.

Rick Warkentien
92 SE-R with a fresh buff and wax. (thanks for the tips Shell Black)