AC stops working under long drive?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:25:20 -0500

At 04:11 PM 8/12/2002 -0500, Dus wrote:
>after 3 hrs of straight driving going to New Orleans, the AC seems to stop
>working properly.  The air is still pretty cool (not cold).  You can hear...
>...Also, i realize there's a lot of moisture under this black box behind the
>glove box.  water drips out of it when the AC gets hotter.

Sounds like the condensation drain isn't working.  Water backs up, probably
freezing  onto the evaporator core and blocking air flow.  On the B13 there
is a rubber hose low on the firewall under the hood that the water drains
out.  If it falls off, the water will drain into the passenger floor,
rather than outside (found this out the soggy way!)  I'd check that.
    -Wayne