Helping a friends dead SE-R

joel armstrong yesous2@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 07:25:01 -0500

Subject: Helping a friends dead SE-R

 So
> now we have to take off the valve cover and start cutting away at the
rubber
> part and try to take it out piece by piece with a chop stick to fit a
spark
> plug socket around the plug.

Try using some needle nose pliers. The right size may allow you to get a
good hold of and pull it out with less drama.

> also have read the 92 SE-Rs had a fuel pump recall.

Ask him when was the last time the fuel filter was changed? This may have
something to do with it. I thought that if you could hear the pump running
when you turned the key to the on position that it was OK. Is this correct
peps?

So got to check that
> too.  Last but no least someone said it could be a blown rocker arm. I
guess
> we will know when we take the valve cover off.

Did he miss a shift and go into 2 nd. @ highway speeds? If so you may be
correct. Hope this helps some.  Joel

Joel & Viola Armstrong
Walk by Faith not by Sight!