Tools

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:59:38 -0500

Well, quite a bit of responses. Seems I've touched on a subject that
everyone is familiar with....

I'm glad there are so many ideas/thoughts and opinions on this subject,
especially with all of you having more experience than myself. I've been
feeling the tool bug start to bite and was trying to justify going after
some HE-MAN tools. But, just as I realized that I really had no use for a
Dremel set, I don't see the need for a complete air set and compressor.

And, George, once again you've been able to verbalize the itch that I've
been scratching... the hands on experience and the touch required to work on
a car. Ever since you explained how to get to the egr tube and I actually
went at it, working on the car has become much more soothing. I don't know
if it's the on hands/tools or the fact that my brains and hands are starting
to soak up some knowledge. I can now remove the battery, air filter and
equipment, distributor, all those nice parts in back of the radiator in
under 10 minutes. All this just to spray some pb blaster on that effin egr
nut. It's turned into a war of attrition.... and I'm one stubborn Slovak.

Anyway, back to the subject. I believe I'll side with George and a few
others, here. But, I'm also going to follow Eric's advice: a cordless impact
wrench for the occasional use of heavier torque needs... like the holster
idea, too.

So, no Dremel, no air compressor, buy a cordless impact wrench... continue
to learn to work on car. That should do it. Next up, replace clutch cable,
ball joints and bushings, trim ES torque mounts(think it's interferring with
some shifts), finish EGR war, clean throttle body, test MAF, and set timing.
I will attempt to get all of this done w/in the next 2 months.

I want to thank everyone who responded to my questions.

So:     THANK YOU VERY MUCH, y'all have been great!

Later,
Mark(or you can call me "Nick")