Tools

Mark Holden mnse-r@vectorworld.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:20:45 -0500

> Air tools are really nice to have, but you know what? You
> can get by fine without them. There are very few things
> you can do to an SE-R that absolutely require you to have
> them, if there are any at all. *Maybe* just the crank
> pulley bolt and some of the rear suspension pieces. I
> suspect the majority of listmembers don't have any air
> tools.

I have yet to find a bolt on my 97K Minnesota-winter driven
B13 that can't be removed with a simple electric impact
wrench.  And that includes every last bolt on the suspension.
I'd like to own a complete set of air tools and a nice big
compressor, but in fact, I really don't need them.

I will echo the statement of others about good vs
professional hand tools though.  I have mostly Craftman
hand tools, but I'm never replacing nay of them with
Craftsman again.  My knuckles have bled so much from
low-quality ratcheting mechanisms and loose tolerance
wrenches that it's even gotten through my thinck skull.
You get what you pay for.

> SE-R, I'm building my air tool collection. Guess that's
> what happens when
> you grow up and finally buy a house!

Hmm.  Now that I have a house, I find that the money goes
elsewhere...

-Mark Holden
'93 SE-R
'02 WRX