Tools

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:00:03 -0500

Brian Cembor <bcembor@fastenal.com> wrote:

>One thing I would disagree on here is the brand of hand tool. Everyone who
>offers a lifetime warranty is good.

Have you used any snap-on tools?

>So basically why spend more money on a Snap-On or Matco set if you can get
>the same thing cheaper?

So why buy a car with an SR20 when a GA16 will get you to the same place
cheaper?

I used to wonder why someone would pay huge money for Snap-On, Matco, MAC,
etc.  Then I used a Snap-On open end wrench while doing my SS lines.  An
open end Snap-On kicked ass over my Craftsman flare nut wrench.  Big time.
The tolerances were *much* closer.  That means less rounded nuts, more
torque can be applied, etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Craftsman sucks.  All my sockets and
hand wrenches are Craftsman.  But there really is a difference.  I wish I
could afford Snap-On.

George Roffe